Wednesday 30 April 2014

April Wish List

You might have noticed a little lack of activity on my blog at the moment. For the time being I've had to sacrifice it in favour of revision and finals! From the 23rd of June I will be as free as a bird to write and read everything that I've had on hold for the past few months...

For now, here's my April Wish List; a collection of books that I'm looking forward to reading and reviewing as soon as I can!

1. Everyday Sexism - Laura Bates, (Simon & Schuster) an extension of the blog where women are invited to share their all too common experiences of everyday sexism and harassment.

2. The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt (Little Brown): winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction 2014

3. A Girl is a Half-Formed Thing - Eimear McBride (Faber & Faber), featured on the Baileys Women's Prize shortlist, this caught my eye due to its Irish setting and a raving review by Anne Enright writing for The Guardian: http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/sep/20/girl-half-formed-thing-review

3. Margaret Atwood - The Year of the Flood and MaddAddam (Doubleday) - I thoroughly enjoyed reading Oryx and Crake for my Global Novel seminar and am keen to finish the triology!


I am also on the look out for a really fun and girly summer read for my holiday in June - any suggestions are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment